I had a holiday party for My Scrapbook Club Members last Thursday night. I am so thankful to my scrapbook club members. We had a holiday celebration on Thursday night and it was fun, fun, fun! I love to cook and I had a Mexcian Holiday Dinner. We ate Mexican Lasagna, Spanish Rice, Ceasar Salad, and Chips and Salsa. For desert we had Cheesecake and White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies. Many requested the recipes so I am going to post them on the blog for all to enjoy. Have fun viewing the slideshow and enjoy the recipes.
I have been making the Mexican Lasagna for 20 years. It is a Weight Watchers Recipe. Of course, I add more cheese than called for ... but hey... it's the holidays. Ho, Ho, Ho!
12 Cooked Lasagna Noodles
1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey
8 oz. of mild salsa
1 package of taco seasoning
8 ounces of tomato sauce
8 oz. ricotta cheese
4 ounce can of green chilies chopped
1 bag of Mont. Jack Cheese
1 bag of cheddar cheese
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Brown turkey over medium heat. Add salsa, taco seasoning, green chilies and tomato sauce. Simmer. Cook lasagna noodles. Layer noodles, sauce, and all 3 cheese. Repeat 3 times. Bake for 45 minutes. YUM!
White Chocolate Dipped Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sweetened dried cherries
1 1/2 cups pecan pieces- toasted
1 1/4 cups uncooked quick cooking oats
1 bag white chocolate chips
1. Mix butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.
2. Combine flour and rest of ingredients. (except chocolate chips)
3. Drop by tablespoons 2" apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
5. Microwave white chocolate in medium sized microwave- safe bowl on high for 1 minute or until melted. Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate, letting excess drop back into bowl. Place dipped cookies on wax paper and let stand until firm. Yield 3-4 dozen.