Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hot Pineapple Cheese Cassarole- A Sutton Holiday Tradition

I love Pineapple Cheese Casserole. It is one of the only casseroles that I enjoy and will eat. I make it every holiday, even though Kent dislikes it! Everyone else LOVES it. Over Thanksgiving, I have had about six of my friends ask for the recipe. I figured the easiest way to share it is to just post it on the blog. Enjoy!

Hot Pineapple Cheese Casserole

3/4 Cup Sugar
3 Tablespoons flour
1 20-ounce can pineapple tidbits, drained- juice reserved
1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Roll Ritz Crackers- Crumbled
4 Tablespoons Butter- melted

Combine sugar and flour in a 2 quart casserole dish Add pineapple and Cheese. Pour a small amount of the reserved juice over the mixture.

Sprinkle cracker crumbs over top. Pour melted butter over crumbs. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Yield- 6 to 8 servings
Calories- 0 (I wish!)

No comments: