Monday, July 13, 2009

Dumpster Diving

At the end of the Atlanta Expo, I am very sad to announce that one of the vendors, DUMPED all their left over products in a dumpster! To make matters worse, they poured paint all over the products to prevent others from taking their product and using it. I feel that this is so sad, because the products could have been donated to a church or a school! It just seems so wasteful.

Do you really think a little paint a dumpster can stop scrapbookers? The photos below tell the story of what happened next!

Tina

I have a feeling that there will be some happy children learning to scrapbook in the very near future!

4 comments:

Fabulous Flamingo said...

Lordy Lordy! You girls are the painted scrapbook angels! I've never seen such pretty Dumpster Diva's

Laughing Flamingo ~ Cathy

jendan02 said...

I am sad I can't see the photos. But sounds like a good scrapbook to scrap.

Anonymous said...

I was at Expo. Had a great time and the CTMH booth looked GREAT, Tina! And I enjoyed your Rolodex class.

I'm just kind of sick to see this kind of wanton wastefulness on the part of this vendor (I think I can figure out which one it was). As you said, a church, elder care home, community center, or Ronald McDonald House, among others, would have been SO delighted to get these things and the company could have taken a tax deduction and been a good corporate citizen at the same time. I may be the only one, but I'm planning to write a rather strongly-worded letter to this company and it will be awhile - if ever - before I buy any of their products again. This is just sad.

Great dumpster diving pictures, though! :-)

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, I could not view any photo. However, were I to know of this vendor, I would not buy from a company who makes choices such as this!