Friday, November 6, 2009

Lorie Valley, France







I am a few days behind on blog posting.  We left Paris a couple of days ago to tour the Lorie Valley.  The Loire Valley is famous for it's French countryside;  It is Fall in France and the colors of the leaves are breathtaking.  In Florida, we don't have much of a fall, so I am very excited to see all the beautiful autumn colors.  Snap, snap, snap is the sound that you hear coming from my camera!  I can't seem to take enough photos.  


The Loire Valley has everything I could ever want.  Everywhere you look is a castle, a chateau, or a chocolate shop- all the things that make me happy.  I am trying to convenience Kent to move here, but I don't think that will happen.


We are staying at Chateau de Reginac.  The Chateu was built in the 15th century, and was fully renovated and restored in 2002.  The rooms are breathtaking and immaculate. And to even add more charm to this place iare the Chateau dogs. The owner has two beautiful, friendly beagles that I had the pleasure of meeting this morning.  It made me homesick for Dixie and Daisy.



I am going to post a few photos from the chateau.  If you have a minute, you should check out the Chateau de Reginac's webpage as my photos do not do this place justice!





The Chateu' De Reginac




The back of the chateau.  Our room is in the right tower!





The Chateau' Kitty!  Even the French Feline's appreciate fine furnishings!  Actually, I don't think she is supposed to be in the chateau, but she crept in when the door was open and made herself at home!  She loves the guests!

I am off to bed.  I have a busy day tomorrow.   We are touring chateaus all day tomorrow.   When I get home, I will post more photos of the Loire Valley.  I plan to do a slide show but am having difficulties with photobucket while traveling.


Au revoir,

Tina



No comments: