Sunday, April 12, 2009

Getting Ready for the Non-Traditional Easter Dinner


Happy Easter Everyone! After church, we are having Easter Dinner/My Dad's Birthday Party. His birthday was actually on March 20th, but I was in the hospital. So we decided to celebrate his birthday today at our house. When I asked him what kind of dinner he wanted, he replied... "A Shrimp Boil!" So forget about the ham or prime rib.... we are boiling shrimp today. YUM!

Last night as I was decorating, I was filled with memories. I pulled out my box of Easter goodies and got so excited. I have saved all my decorations that my Mom made me when I was a child. She used to do Canvas needlepoint and make amazing decorations. I can't wait for her to come over this afternoon to see them. Mom is 86 and her memory is failing. She loves to see memories from the past as that is what she remembers best . I made her an Easter Basket filled with all her favorite candies (Fanny May Mint Meltaways) using my old childhood Easter Basket. It was such a joy to decorate. Even the small Easter Chicks were from my basket when I was a child!


I hope everyone has a day filled with Joy. It is Easter.... Celebrate!

Tina

The bunny on the right is a hand crafted wall hanging my Mom made many, many, years ago! Cute, cute, cute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tina, thanks for signing my blog guestbook! How special that you got out all the special decorations your Mom made--what treasured items! I can see a LO coming of your Easter celebration! I need to get little Ella to sit still long enough to get her photo with all the decorations her great-gramma (my mom) made for our family. So much to do, so little time...Blessings across the miles!